COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT WORKER
Whitevalley Community Resource Centre is currently seeking a
part time (16 hours per week) Community Mental Health Support Worker to join
Working with the funder and Whitevalley administration, our Community Mental Health Support Worker will be committed to promoting and maximizing their clients’ independence and self-sufficiency.
The Community Mental Health Support Worker provides support to clients in the development and maintenance of the skills required to live successfully on their own. This may include basic self-care, household management, meal preparation and nutrition, money management, accessing community services and understanding their mental illness and use of medication.
- Certificate in a field relevant to the position (such as, Community Mental Health Certificate, Human Service Worker Certificate, Social Services Worker Certificate, etc.), or
- One year recent related experience working with the client population(s) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current valid B.C. Driver’s License.
- Valid, clean Criminal Records Check
The ideal candidate will:
- Work cooperatively with clients, community members, staff, other professionals such as funder staff, doctors, therapists, etc.
- Have experience in fostering relationships
- Have an understanding of behaviour management principles and mental health needs
- Demonstrate the ability to meet goals set out by the team
Please submit resumes with references before May 11th, 2020, noon to:
Whitevalley Community Resource Centre
Attention: Dawn Frizzell
Box 661, 2114 Shuswap Ave.
Lumby, BC V0E 2G0
email@example.com – subject to read “CSW position”
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Volunteer Drivers – Volunteers are needed to drive seniors in our community to and from medical appointments in Lumby and Vernon.
- Cook assistant
If you are interested in helping in any of these areas. Please contact Shannon at 250-547-8866 for more information.